Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If You Take a Mouse to the Movies

A couple of weeks ago I took Roy on his first date with Mommy. We went to a movie after church, I gave him 2 choices (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs or The Squeakquel), let him watch the trailer for each one and then he chose. This time he decided to go with Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs which was great with me since it was the one playing at the dollar theater! When we were getting ready to go he asked me if he could bring his mouse and I replied "What mouse?" After some explaining I figured out he wanted to bring his mouse that he got for Christmas from his Nana and Papa, the mouse that came with the book "If You Take a Mouse to the Movies." Since the mouse went to the movies in his book he wanted to take him to the movies in real life too. So Roy, the mouse, and I all packed up and went to the dollar theater. When we first walked in Roy looked around at all the lights, and the popcorn machine, and the movie posters and said in his most sweetly sincere voice "It's beautiful mom!" We got our little snack packs of popcorn, a soda, and skittles and settled in our seats. Roy loved it, he didn't move the entire movie! It was a fabulous first Mommy and Roy date.

Roy and his Mouse outside the theater.


Roy and his Mouse chillin' in his booster seat.


At first Roy didn't want to get his picture taken by the big poster so I had him take my picture with Mouse.


Then I convinced him to join me and we set the camera up on a booster seat to take a picture of the three of us!


Roy really enjoys taking his own pictures so here are a few things he thought were also important to document...
his soda cup


my purse


some of the posters advertising movies to come

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. I LOVE the idea of the mouse coming along. I didn't even know theatres have booster seats. That's ingenious that the booster seat took your picture. And Roy is so funny taking his own documentation. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete