Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Valentine's Day


For Valentine's Day I try to make it special for my kiddos the whole day through. This year it was a bit trickier as it was on a Sunday and Josh had to go in for church early that morning. Our Valentine's Day starts with heart shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, however, this year mom dropped the ball and forgot the strawberries so we just had syrup. Then Roy boy wasn't feeling very well so there were many meltdowns sprinkled through the morning and he fell asleep in my lap during church - that never happens! Since it was Sunday the only clinic wasn't open until 1:00 for me to take him in to get checked out. After waiting for 3 hours to see a doctor, and another short nap in my lap he was diagnosed with a double ear infection... neither of my kids had ever had ear infections and Lilli happened to be on meds for a double ear infection too! So at 5:00 when we finally got home from the Dr. I gave the kids their presents. I had made them matching aprons and was planning on making cookies with them so we got out some dough and made a few, thank goodness I had bought pre-made dough or I don't think we could have accomplished it. For dinner we had crab legs, salad, and rolls - it was delicious and then it was time for baths and bed - it was a chaotic day that didn't quite go as planned but I think we all still felt the love :o)

Making Cookies

Roy rolling out the dough


Tasting his concoction - he was feeling so terrible that he only took one bite - and no the cookies weren't really that bad.


Lillers showing of her apron... she'll grow into it someday :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment