Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Long Day

Most days I try to get out and do something with the kids to help keep us all entertained and break up our day. Today I decided to try staying at home all day and although I enjoyed it I was reminded why we do our outings. :o) Here is a list of what a mom, a 3 year old, and a nearly 2 year old can get done when left alone from 8-5

  • make, eat and clean-up breakfast
  • watch Shrek 2
  • play barn
  • read books
  • make a project with stamps
  • play play dough
  • play dolls
  • eat a snack
  • read more books
  • play dinosaurs
  • build a couple houses out of lincoln logs
  • fold a load of laundry
  • make, eat and clean-up lunch
  • watch Lilli put Porky D (her Build A Bear) in a time out
  • read more books
  • put Lilli to bed
  • work 11 pages in a Clifford workbook with Roy
  • vacuum the living room, dining room and all bedrooms
  • sweep and mop the kitchen and both bathrooms
  • eat another snack
  • put Roy to bed
  • get Lilli up
  • play My Little Pony
  • wear necklaces
  • turn the necklaces into bracelets for Lilli... and her doll
  • do another load of laundry
  • finish knitting a baby booty
  • watch a couple episodes of Glee
  • watch Lilli dance along to Glee
  • snuggle with Roy when he wakes up
  • pack the diaper bag with snacks and drinks
  • head out the door to help with the UBC garage sale
And that was just until 5:00.

The perfect ending to my day was when Roy told me "I stay up at night mom, I'm nocturnal." I have no idea how he has any energy left in him but the sound of his little feet banging against his wall tells me that he is indeed still up (it's 9:54 pm). Now it's time for me to go to bed so we can do it all over again tomorrow - with an outing to the library thrown in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment